- Lying supine, legs in table top arms long by sides, inhale to prepare.
- Exhale chest lift, arms reaching long at mid thigh.
- Beat arms strongly by sides, inhale for five counts, exhale for five counts.
- Repeat over 10 breaths.
- Scoop abdominals deeply.
- Maintain a neutral pelvis.
- Maintain stability throughout the torso.
- Maintain appropriate leg height for abdominal strength.
- Pump arms from the top at the shoulder socket.
- Reach through the fingers to assist with height of chest lift.
- Maintain space between chin and chest.
- Avoid doming or popping the abdominals.
- Eye line to knees.
- keep neck and shoulders relaxed.
- Extend toes to ceiling.
- Extend legs to eye line (tradition hundreds position).
- Single leg.
- Legs in v shape.
- Legs can be extend on the floor. (Watch for imprinting here, really cue to ‘drop” the hips and keep the pelvis in neutral).
- Keep feet flat on floor.
- Rest block for neck injuries.
- Support head with hands and just use breath.
- Head can be kept flat on the floor, use using the arms, with any leg variation.
Stability: Abdominal and pelvic stability.
Mobility: Upper limbs.